Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Hi I'm trying to create a program in python that read a document with some coordinates and with these information place air terminals there.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dfurbinas
97 Views, 1 Reply

Hi I'm trying to create a program in python that read a document with some coordinates and with these information place air terminals there.

Hi I'm trying to create a program in python that read a document with some coordinates and with these information place air terminals there. Then that program have to take those air terminals and connect it with ducts and an air handler with the "auto route" and then I have to take the ducts and export a table with the size and lenght of each part of the duct. But I donĀ“t really know how to place air terminals from code or code the rest , can someone help me with some tools that I could use pls? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: dfurbinas

I think you will either have to learn to do it yourself or pay someone else to do the job for you. 

If you want to learn to do it yourself, I would suggest breaking up the task into small separate standalone steps and addressing them one by one.

Before doing that, though, I would suggest getting thoroughly acquainted with the process in the Revit end user interface and learning the optimal workflows and best practices to achieve your goal.

All of these steps are listed and documented in the Revit API getting started material:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/about-the-author.html#2

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community