Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import PDF in Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ruben.rodriguezvalero
132 Views, 1 Reply

Import PDF in Revit

Hi there,

I want to import a PDF File into a Revit Sheet, but I found no function which allows me to do it with the Revit API. I only found regarding with the topic the import functions which are only for 3DM, DWG, GBXML, DNG etc files and an ImportPDF as enumtype from the PostableCommands enum, but I don't think that's usable.

Is there a way PDFs can be imported via Revit API like Revit does with Import PDF or Link PDF buttons in the Insert category?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The easiest and most effective way to address a Revit API programming task like this is to complete it manually in the user interface first and use RevitLookup and other Revit database analysis tools to analyse the effect of these actions on the database from an API point of view by comparing the state before and after:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2017/01/virtues-of-reproduction-research-mep-settings-onto...

That will show you what changed, what elements were added and what relationships they have. With that in hand, you will be able to reproduce the same programmatically.

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report