Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250 photo limit

250 photo limit

I process drone photos for project large areas.  Most of my projects include more than 250 photos - some up to 1000.  I have been processing them with DroneDeploy, Pix4D, MapsMadeEasy and Agisoft. I would like to try Recap but breaking the project up into many pieces and then trying to combine them seems too complex.  Is there a plan to support more than 250 photos?

12 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue with me... Need more photos !

jameshayter108
Explorer

It is not hard t have projects with 1000 photos, so 250 is way too low! Need more capacity to be efffective

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

sorry for my bad english, i'm french.
I'm in the same situation like TInloes, i have 1 000 drone photos (it's a castle) and recap360 have a 250 limite...
How to make a project with 1000 photo or creat a project 1000 then merge projects many 250?

It's possible? Or we are just, limited?

I hope you understand my bad english.

Thx for all

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, any news regarding this feature? This software has great potential, and 250 is a limitation that unfortunately renders this software useless for our surveying needs. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, is there any news or updates regarding this feature request?

I am in the same boat as these other users. I use mapsmadeeasy and other softwares, especially for nadir drone photogrammetry, but Recap's results are the best I have found for non-nadir projects. For example, I am about to fly 12 miles of interstate for rockfall analysis. This requires capturing vertical surfaces, overhangs, etc. so nadir only will not work. I am not trying to stitch the entire 12 miles together, but even broken up, the 250 photo limit makes using Recap very tedious for a project of this size.

TInloes
Contributor

Jaltschuld,

I just finished a 20+ mile long x 2000' wide road corridor drone project (in rugged terrain).  In all I captured over 15,000 photos (400'AGL).  I processed it in 11 chunks with Pix4D and delivered Civil 3D Surfaces, Point Clouds and Orthophotos.  I'm not sure this is something the ReCap is designed to do but Design Grade Civil 3D Surfaces is what most of my Land Development clients want.  I have posted a video animation of the project results on tcidrone.com - top of the Land Development page.

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tom. I haven't used Pix4D, mainly because of the pricing. May have to check it out.

Recap has worked exceptionally well for modeling rock faces, and is much more efficient than the traditional way of mapping them for rockfall (physically climbing the cliffs and mapping by hand and lidar). But, the 250 photo limit does become a limiting factor...

TInloes
Contributor

That is a very interesting application of drone photography (modeling rock faces).  If I may ask, who are your customers - government?

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi All,

Thank you for submitting your idea to us!
Your request has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you that the same has been implemented!

The amount of pictures for processing has been increased to 1,000.

You may start using this feature today by downloading the latest ReCap Photo version from our product page.

More about on the latest updates can be found here.

Thank you again for using the Autodesk products and please continue to send us your requirements that will be of benefit to you!

Sincerely, 

The Autodesk ReCap Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please tell me how many GB are ok for this 1000 pics  ?

I tried to upload 980 pics with 4.8 GB and it says : NOT ENOUGH SPACE ?!?!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report