Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a suffix to a new Table in C#

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nshupeFMPE3
411 Views, 3 Replies

How to add a suffix to a new Table in C#

I've created a new table using .NET C# and have it correctly inserting into paper space. I'd like to add a format to cells on the right most column to have a ' (foot marker) suffix. 

What is the function I have to use to accomplish this? I eventually figured out how to add a formula to a cell to total up the rest of the cells, which was not easy. 

Is there clear documentation or examples of how to use Table functions? the .NET developer resource online has a lot of things like 
DataType : (and then nothing explaining what this method or property is)

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: nshupeFMPE3

If you look at the GUI, cell format is controlled by the DataType property. However, only a preset enumeration is available. You would have to use an event to directly edit the text. Another option is to name the column header with the units and use a data type of Decimal Number. For example, "Length (Feet)".

2022-02-10_7-52-04.png

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
nshupeFMPE3
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

Thanks for the help! Sounds like its not very easy which is to bad... Was hoping there was a way I could access the Additional Formatting options some how through the code

Message 4 of 4
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: nshupeFMPE3

That feature doesn't format the table style like you would think an Excel format would. The DATAEXTRACTION wizard just uses it to edit the text. After you place the table, there is no cell formatting. The textstring, just has an apostrophe appended to it. You will have to edit the text yourself.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report