Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually adding supports after overhang generation creates supports

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rythomasQ8PHG
733 Views, 2 Replies

Manually adding supports after overhang generation creates supports

Hi, I have been using the overhang tool to generate supports. I can create some manual supports afterwards by using shift + click to force a support in a straight line to the print bed, but I can not seem to single click and add supports. If I single click on the model and pull a support to the print bed it just disappears, I can pull off an existing tree to the print bed to reinforce an existing tree only. It seems like I should be able to click the object and pull to the print bed to have Meshmixer create a support, probably using it's algorithm to shape and route the support, but doesn't seem to work. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hfcandrew
in reply to: rythomasQ8PHG

That should be all you need:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MSHMXR/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-E507C608-8856-47C4-B0B8-BC570DAFD18A

Some angles fail, try changing the camera position, this tool is awkward to use.

Try practicing on the bunny first.

supports.gif

Message 3 of 3
rythomasQ8PHG
in reply to: hfcandrew

Yeah thats what I have been using, I thought there may be a better way than using the shift method. I was hoping for a method where I pull and then meshmixer uses what ever algorithm is has to route things, but I guess that doesnt exist 😃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report