Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please advise on video tutorials with regards to 3D printing + Object browser

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
deonholt
736 Views, 4 Replies

Please advise on video tutorials with regards to 3D printing + Object browser

Hi and thank your for your help.

Dual colour printing.
I need to start doing it now. So I am literally studying this tutorial to learn how to "paint" a part into different colours to export it as different STL's to print them separate colour: (6) Splitting 1 STL into 4 STLs for multi-color & multi-material 3D printing with Meshmixer - YouTub...
BUT, this guy is using a 2017 version of Meshmixer. I am battling and cannot generate what he is doing. If you know about more recent YT tutorials to do this, please point me to them. Or if there is another way to split a part into multiple sub-parts for multi colour printing, please let me know.
I need to select sub-parts from a STL file to export them as different smaller parts of the big part to be printed in different colours. I think I am OK, with selecting by brush, but my "Grouping" and Edit, Generate complex, does not seem to work.

Lastly, I need to have my Object Browser in the Top-Right corner. I cannot get it to go there. I made a short video showing what I try to do.
Your help will be very welcome. Thanks.
TIA.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MagWeb
in reply to: deonholt

Didn't watch the 30min video, but since GenerateComplex came into Meshmixer the workflow did not change at all. So it should be up to date.

Here is the official help on GenerateComplex

On a selection try Modify/SmoothBoundary as an alternative to Modify/CreateFaceGroup. This smooths the boundary+creates a group (at default settings).

Make sure your rendering mode is set to render face groups (>>>Preferences>GeneralTab>MeshColorMode: Enable GroupColor)

You should be able to drag the ObjectBrowser to the upper right corner of MM's window (hiding the ViewCube). It's not possible to drag it to the left border of the window. This space is reserved for the tool flout menus.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 5
deonholt
in reply to: MagWeb

Thanks very much for the reply and the link.

I am hoping to find a video tutorial on that. I am better at learning by someone's example. I do it with the person making the video.

With regards to the Object Browser. Please find screenshot attached. I cannot move it more to my right. This is somewhat hindering me as it is in the way. Do you think to uninstall and reinstall can solve it?

Thank again.

object browser.png

Message 4 of 5
hfcandrew
in reply to: deonholt

I have the same issue on some of my Win10 computers. If the MM window is not full screen I cannot move it. If the MM window is full screen (maximized) I can now click and drag and move it, but only somewhat. Watch:

object.gif

MM just had sooo many 'quality of life' bugs.

Message 5 of 5
deonholt
in reply to: hfcandrew

Thank you so much. Now it works perfect and I can move it out or my way. 😀

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report