Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsurface artifacts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sidneygiormanivsfx
411 Views, 2 Replies

Subsurface artifacts

I am getting some strange green artifacts in my Subsurface channel when I render. Maya 2022 Arnold

The FACE has a Diffuse map, Roughness Map, and Normal map connected to the material and the diffuse map is driving the SSS color.

The BODY only has a Diffuse map driving the SSS color and nothing else linked to any other inputs. I am still getting the same results in the SSS channel of the render.

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The ss radius is to high. 

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 3

Thank you It wasn't exactly the Radius but that did help me get to think that may the diffuse values were too high. Sure enough I had slightly boosted the exposure of the input filewhich is what caused it to be so apparent.

I did have to also reduce the scale quiet a bit to get the green on the edges of the mesh to come down to a manageable amount.

Generally I am satisfied though thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report