Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold only rendering one frame

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
eal1SFAXJ
2378 Views, 6 Replies

Arnold only rendering one frame

Ive been struggling with this project for hours straight now. Im using arnold to render out an animation I made of 850 frames. Last night I batch rendered, worked perfectly except my xgen materials didn't show. so I fixed that, and now when I try to batch render, arnold only produces one frame at a time. someone please help im currently batching each frame one by one

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hamsterHamster
in reply to: eal1SFAXJ

The info given is too scarce. If the render settings are allright, you'd inspect error messages.

At it's worst you can batch frame-by-frame rendering from RenderView > Render > RenderSequence.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 3 of 7
eal1SFAXJ
in reply to: hamsterHamster

I figured it out. it was the abort error on checkbox. such a simple solution and I overlooked it so many times. I’m new to arnold so I figured it was one of those system settings I wasn’t ready to mess with yet. Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 7
Stephen.Blair

@eal1SFAXJ wrote:

I figured it out. it was the abort error on checkbox. such a simple solution and I overlooked it so many times. I’m new to arnold so I figured it was one of those system settings I wasn’t ready to mess with yet. Thanks for your help!

What's the error in the Arnold log? 
Generally we never tell users to ignore errors 😉

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 5 of 7
eal1SFAXJ
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

There was no error! I found in an auto desk forum that for arnold to batch render i needed to uncheck “abort on error” checkbox under diagnostics in render settings. I unchecked it and my batch render worked 🙂

Message 6 of 7
cmurdo2003

Just had this same problem for the first time. Uncheck the abort on error box didn't help. But guess what did? Restarting Maya [hitting head on desk x5].

Message 7 of 7
ellacroz

Im having the same issue. I unchecked the error box thingy but it's not working. i followed a tutorial and did everything theyve said but nothing is happening. Is there any other small things that i may have overlooked?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report