Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights work, but their red physical meshes aren't visible in viewport.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
s-engine
991 Views, 4 Replies

Lights work, but their red physical meshes aren't visible in viewport.

So this has been a consistent problem for a while. I will create a light, and then sometime after, the red mesh will disappear from the viewport, making it hard to work with as I can't see the shape/direction etc. Visibility is on for all lights on geometry and in viewport. 

The funny thing is, when i load the scene, for the first 1 or 2 seconds, I will be able to see all the red light meshes, but then after the scene has fully loaded, they disappear. It seems random but sometimes, one or two will stay loaded, like in the screenshot. 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pras.jordane
in reply to: s-engine

Hi, I can't help you because I have exactly the same problem and I've didn't found a solution so someone can help us on this ?

Message 3 of 5
s-engine
in reply to: pras.jordane

@pras.jordane the issue for me was a bug. To fix it, I load into a new scene and open my scene within maya, rather than opening my scene directly from the save location.

Hope that works for you too. 

Message 4 of 5
pras.jordane

Thanks for your answer but no that dosen't work for me 😭 !

I've tryed many things like uninstall and install maya, change version, look for my update graphic card, try in a new scene, save in ma or mb but it's always the same thing like your problem before resolution. And I've didn't notice before but this problem is here in all of my projects since months.

It's just for meshes lights, Area lights or Domelights ect... work correctly.

Message 5 of 5
gourav3650

Try this, select the Mesh light and Press 3. And the red physical mesh will appear in it's original form in viewport.

Note - Every time you will open Maya the bug will reset so you have to do the process again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report