Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xgen hair disappears from viewport

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4338 Views, 7 Replies

Xgen hair disappears from viewport

Anytime I renderer xgen hair with Arnold, the hair disappears from the viewport. The hair will 

Continue to render until I try to edit the hair in any way, or if I close the Arnold renderview and open it

Again, which both cause Maya to crash.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Do you have arnold shaders applied to the hair so they'll appear properly in the render?

Also, what GPU are you using and is the driver version the same as our certified hardware list?

You can find our certified hardware list here!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Arnold seems to render the hair just fine with or without arnold shaders applied.The hair disappears from 

the viewport no matter what shader I'm using.

This is Maya 2017 with a gtx 1070 video card, I don't know the driver version off the top

of my head.

Message 4 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Ah my mistake I misread your original post. 

If you click the preview button in the Xgen tab a few times does the hair appear again or is it still gone from the viewport?

Can you edit the hair and see the changes in the render even though it isnt showing in the viewport?

Message 5 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 6 of 8
ericvaldes11

I was having the same issue. I worked on it at night everything was fine, went back at in the morning and it wouldn't show anymore. After clicking everything I realized that by turning off the face camera option, it would show the groom again. Anyways I don't know if that was just in my case but i hope it helps. xgen_ViewportGroomGone.jpg

Message 7 of 8
addisu_max

just convert it to poly and assign arnold hair shader. Never been lucky Autodesk helping to fix the bugs I encounter every now and then. Waiting for upgrades and a work around is the only way out. I just hope the newer versions don't require hardware upgrade.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ericvaldes11

Brilliant! worked for me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report