Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot fit entire image onto a polygon plane — only half the image appears

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Eadig
648 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot fit entire image onto a polygon plane — only half the image appears

Hello

I'd like to fit a product image into a polygon plane for reference. What I tried so far is to create a polygon plane, rotate & resize it to fit the aspect ratio of the image to be loaded on using the Lambert node. The problem is upon loading the image in the Lambert node, only half of the image appeared in the plane:Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 4.53.29 PM.png

Rescaling the reference plane resizes only the half image, despite the fact that I adopted the same method to load a different image last time. Please someone help me work out how to load the entire image onto the reference plane.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Eadig
in reply to: Eadig

Ok, I spent a few hours tinkering with the reference plane and it turns out the best way to set up a reference plane is to add a NURBS plane and set a Lambert node to load an image onto it. Lo and behold, the image is automatically fitted inside the NURBS plane!

Message 3 of 3
hamsterHamster
in reply to: Eadig

welcome to the world of UV mapping. Most likely you created polyPlane and deleted half of it.

And, btw, you might wish to get familiar with ImagePlane nodes. Go to any viewport View>ImagePlane>ImportImage... Use transform tools or plane's attributes to position for your need.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report