Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV Texture Editor for Multitiling - adjust UV IMAGE RANGE

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Alexx31
2080 Views, 4 Replies

UV Texture Editor for Multitiling - adjust UV IMAGE RANGE

Hello,

I have a basic question of understanding the UV texture editor interface.

I am trying to extend my image range for MultiTiling and get it displayed in the UV texture editor panel.

This should be simple, I thought.

But I can find three options in the UV texture editor (Maya2017 SP3) and have questions about them:

- image range options:

they seem not to have any effect whatever I am typing in there - what are they good for??

- grid settings (only for display)

Can I get displayed only the positive fields of a specific range? (example given: U from 0 to 5 and V from 0 to 2)

They should show only my MultiTiling space.

- UV snapshot (where I can define the size of that image)

It seems that I have manually to define the range, otherwise it is always 0 to 1 space only…

Thanks for explanation!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: Alexx31

Hi @Alexx31 and welcome!

Image range:

These settings to change how much of the texture appears in the texture editor.

Grid Settings:

The texture fills the extent of the grid based on what you entered in the Grid Options window. So if you make the grid a lot larger its possible that will help.

UV Snapshot:

The resolution size can be changed in the window when you select UV Snapshot. As for the 0 to 1, you can change it to user defined and change all 4 values to match whatever your desired result is.

uvsnapshot.png

Here you can find a good workflow on Multi-Tile UV mapping!

Let me know if you need more information!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Alexx31

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 5
Alexx31
in reply to: sean.heasley

Thanks, it works all now, but wasn't easy.
I found out, that the texture space is extended automatically when I loaded a bigger texture.
Image range had no effect whatever I was trying. Anyway textures are always fully displayed.
I only wondered if a UVsnapshot is possible without distortion even when U and V size are NOT the same size (not square)?

Message 5 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: Alexx31

Glad you managed to get it working!

As for the UV snapshot, unfortunately it will get distorted if the U and V do not match up. You're best bet would be to pack and move the UVs until they are in the desired spot and then crop or edit the snapshot in a photo editing program like Photoshop.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report