Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya randomly changed language

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
359 Views, 2 Replies

Maya randomly changed language

Hey all,

After several weeks of being in a rut with modelling I've started up the program again only to find that for some reason all of Maya has changed my language from english to japanese. Anyone had the same thing?

@Anonymous your title "Maya tower of babylon'd me (randomly changed language)" was changed for clarity by @sean.heasley

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

You can follow these steps and should be all set!

• Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows Desktop, and select Properties from the drop-down list that appears.
  • Note: On Windows 7, right-click your computer name and select Properties, then Advanced system settings.
  • In the System Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
  • Click the Environment Variables button.
  • The Environment Variables window appears.
  • In the User variables for <userlogin> section, click New.In the Variable Name text field, type: MAYA_UI_LANGUAGE
  • In the Variable Value text field, type: en_US
  • Launch Maya.

Let me know if this works or if you need more help!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report