Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obj Export not working?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
1929 Views, 2 Replies

Obj Export not working?

I'm trying to export a college project as an Obj to bring it into Substance painter, but I export the blade (there are 4 pieces and i have tried grouping them and merging them too) i choose the Obj export option and export selection but when i go into my documents it shows that it is a 3D object file and i really need help with this. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm trying to export a college project as an Obj to bring it into Substance painter, but I export the blade (there are 4 pieces and i have tried grouping them and merging them too) i choose the Obj export option and export selection but when i go into my documents it shows that it is a 3D object file and i really need help with this. 

Message 3 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

While windows will say 3D object file you should still be able to import it into Substance. Is importing not working for you?

If its not working, you could try unloading and reloading the OBJ export plugin or you could also try exporting as an FBX and then import that into Substance.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report