Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't import Inventor 2019 files into Maya 2019. INVENTOR_ATF plugin missing?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gpt9
1136 Views, 2 Replies

I can't import Inventor 2019 files into Maya 2019. INVENTOR_ATF plugin missing?

My version of Maya: Autodesk Maya 2019 w/ Student License

My version of Inventor: Autodesk Inventor 2019 w/ Student License

My problem: I can't import Inventor files. It gives me an error message of 'unrecognized file type' when uploading .itp or .iam file-types.

Here's a link to the Maya supported data import formats list here

The INVENTOR_ATF plugin is on said list.

In my version of Maya, it's not listed anywhere in the plug-ins manager. I also have ATF_Plugin enabled.Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 10.07.48 AM.png

There is no import file-type queue for INVENTOR_ATF

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 10.09.05 AM.png

Autodesk support website states: *Please review my notes in red.

ATF cannot import Inventor files unless you manually copy the Inventor files into the ATF plug-in folder.

Note: ATF and Inventor Server are exchanged via ATFXML file format. This intermediate format is not guaranteed to be compatible between different ATF versions. The recommended way is to use the same ATF version that is included in Inventor Server.

To copy Inventor files into the ATF plug-in folder:

1. Install Inventor Server. Make sure that ATFXML is enabled. *how do I do this?
  2. Navigate to the install location, e.g. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Server <version> and copy all the files. Ensure that everything is copied, including Inventor Server and inventorserverclient_x64.manifest. *all that is listed for me in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk is Inventor 2018 and Inventor 2019. I did not find Inventor Server 2018 or Inventor Server 2019 anywhere.
  3. Locate the Maya ATF folder (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya<version>\plug-ins\ATF\ATF) and paste the files here *wow, after some digging I figured out some new intel below:

So, I do in fact have a bunch of Inventor application extension files in these locations. Does anybody know what's going on? Am I missing any files for it to work correctly?Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 9.58.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 10.01.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 10.02.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 10.05.15 AM.png

If anybody can help me figure out this situation it would be much appreciated. Would this whole situation be fixed If I just downgraded to Maya 2018?

Thank you for your time,

Griff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gpt9
in reply to: gpt9

Autodesk Maya 2019 no longer supports the INVENTOR_ATF plugin. A future update may possibly bring it back. Downgrade back to Maya 2018 or below to regain this feature.

Message 3 of 3
gpt9
in reply to: gpt9

Autodesk Maya 2019 no longer supports the INVENTOR_ATF plugin. A future update may possibly bring it back/fix this. For now, you'll have to downgrade back to Maya 2018 or below to regain this feature. However, if you downgrade back, the Inventor file will also need to match the Maya version for it to successfully import into Maya. A loophole for importing Inventor 2019 files into Maya 2019: First import the 2019 Inventor file into 3ds Max 2019. Once successfully imported (it works with 3ds and not Maya for some reason), go to file>send to>send to Maya. It will now load into Maya as a converted 3ds scene. The file versions must match on both Inventor, 3ds Max and Maya for this to work, so 2019 versions for all of them. Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report