Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya keys vanished?

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
7093 Views, 20 Replies

Maya keys vanished?

Long story short some control have lost their key frames in the timeline as well as channels in the graph editor. However, the animation still plays! The issue is I cannot change the location of the key via the timeline or the graph editor because it's as if they have vanished. Any solutions? I've attached a image as reference. mayaeditorissues.png

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

When you get a chance, can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it?

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi Sean! Here is the zipped up file. Thanks! 

Message 4 of 21
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for attaching the scene file!

I took a look and was still able to see keys on certain controllers. Can you select a different one and see if it is still keyed?

rig.png

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

Yes for some controls the keys are still there! Just having an issue with a few of them being weird. For example, the hips, shoulders, head, elbow controls, eye controls, and knee controls. The main control I'm dying to edit is the one for the hips. Thanks for checking:) 

Message 6 of 21
mspeer

Hi!

Please focus on one problem and be more precise, like:

- "This"(exact node name) node is animated but i can't see the keys in Graph Editor.

- I can't edit the translate Attributes of "this"(exact node name) node.

Message 7 of 21
sean.heasley
in reply to: mspeer

Hi @Anonymous

By chance, do you have an older version of the scene you could check and see if the keys are still there?

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous

Actually yes. The older version of this project does show the keys. How weird! Any guesses? I've attached the older version. 

Thanks!

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

Alright so the "Kyle:spineMas_01_CON" node is animated but the keys are missing therefore I can't make changes to the values. 

Thank you. 

Message 10 of 21
mspeer

Hi!

Maya 2017 and Maya 2018 show this for "Cookies:Cereal:Kyle:spineMas_01_CON".

keys_there.gif

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

I have both 2017 and 2016 and they don't show up! Not on the latest version I originally posted. Thank you.
Message 12 of 21
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

You might want to try deleting your settings/preferences.

If that doesn't work, you could try a clean uninstall/reinstall of Maya.

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

I'll try the settings/preferences

I'm not sure uninstalling maya would help because I've tried this file on several different computers with various versions of maya.

Thank you!
Message 14 of 21
sean.heasley

Ah right my mistake uninstall/reinstall is more of a last ditch scenario.

This reminded me that since the file has the issue on multiple machines but the older versions don't, something must have happened in your recent scene.

Is it possible to load back to the old version and work from there or would you lose to much progress?

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

No it's all good.

Yeah it's too much work honestly between the two versions. I've never had this happen before and it's very bizarre. I just have minor things to change and just a simple edit in the graph editor and I'm done. However, trying to fix it with just key framing doesn't work because for some reason when I do keyframe it some popping occurs. Just a big headache:(

Anyways thanks for the help, Sean:)
Message 16 of 21
mspeer

Hi!

@Anonymous . I looked again at your first screenshot.

You did not select the transform node, you selected the shape node, then of course you will not see any keys.

You have to select "Cookies:Cereal:Kyle:spineMas_01_CON", not "Cookies:Cereal:Kyle:spineMas_01_CON_hipSimple_shape"

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

Hello!!

Is there another way to select the control? Because every time I click on the shape it pulls up the "Cookies:Cereal:Kyle:spineMas_01_CON_hipSimple_shape" I can't seem to find it on the list of controls either on the left hand side of the screen in the tree view. 

Thank you. 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous

OH MY GOSH THIS WORKED!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH I OWE YOU MY ENTIRE LIFE Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 21
mspeer

Hi!

A) Display Layer ...:controls, disable "T", or

B) also use Drawing Overrides -> Enable Override as for the shape node

So it's all there but simply not selectable (at least from Viewport).

Message 20 of 21
mspeer

Hi!

@Anonymous Glad it works now.

Just wanted to make sure you got my latest response about Drawing Overrides / Display Layer (transform node is currently not selectable from Viewport).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report