Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Render Options blank

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
JN14033201
19890 Views, 10 Replies

Maya 2017 Render Options blank

I used Arnold to render out something last night and it was working fine. I opened up a new scene, started modeling, added a spotlight, tried to render and nothing... I can't open up the Arnold Render View. I can only use Maya Software/Hardware/Hardware 2.0... But I can't even get the settings box to display any settings for any of the renderers. I deleted the prefs folder after my shelves started crashing, too. I reloaded the MTOA plugin for Arnold and nothing... I get these errors.

# Error: line 1: AttributeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\nodetypes.py line 409: nt.Unknown(u'defaultArnoldRenderOptions') has no attribute or method named 'drivers' #

# Error: line 1: MelError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\language.py line 992: Error during execution of MEL script: line 1: AttributeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\nodetypes.py line 409: nt.Unknown(u'defaultArnoldRenderOptions') has no attribute or method named 'drivers'

1.PNG2.PNG

3.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JN14033201
in reply to: JN14033201

:::EDIT:::

Turns out, I reinstalled Maya 2017, and opened up a new scene, modeled did everything as usual and everything was working fine. The render view worked, the render settings popped up. Everything was NORMAL...

I opened up the scene that was giving me trouble and all the issues I was having before return. The only thing that is different in this scene is that I have a spot light with Quadratic Decay, Penumbra Angle is changed, the Drop off is changed and it has a Fog added to it...

I'm assuming that this spotlight with the current settings is giving me trouble. I don't know if its the Fog, or the light itself. But I'll try and find out.

Message 3 of 11
Stephen.Blair

Hi

Do you have these four nodes in the scene?

- defaultArnoldRenderOptions
- defaultArnoldDriver
- defaultArnoldFilter
- defaultArnoldDisplayDriver

You can check in the Outliner, just clear Display > DAG Objects Only

If so, then try this:

- close the Render Settings dialog
- delete those four nodes
- save the scene (with a new name)
- restart Maya
- load the scene you just saved

Thanks

Stephen

Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 4 of 11

I had the same issue, the render settings window was just blank and after following your easy steps it works absolutley fine! Thanks!

Message 5 of 11
shafinas
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Hi, I face this issues and try these easy step but failure. any suggestion to do other thing to solve these? Thank you

Message 6 of 11
raysullivan
in reply to: shafinas

I followed Stephen's instructions and opened the render settings windows only to get the same error.

However, when I executed these (after Stephen's steps) in mel the problem was resolved;

deleteUI unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow;
buildNewSceneUI;

Message 7 of 11
scalpello_2014

Thankyou

Message 8 of 11

What if the error still appears even if there is no extra nodes? nothing in the outline?

all the suggested steps where tried.

Message 9 of 11
mspeer
in reply to: parczewska.beata

Hi!

You disabled "Display -> DAG Objects Only" in Outliner?

Message 10 of 11
parczewska.beata
in reply to: mspeer

Yes I did and it did not work.

However I have solved the problem - I have just exported geometry and textures and in this new maya scene, Arnold works.

Message 11 of 11
ozbirnryan
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

YES THIS WORKED, FINALLY SO APPRECIATE IT!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report