Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASH - No Mesh on Instancer/Repro

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
TheMouseman1212
2303 Views, 6 Replies

MASH - No Mesh on Instancer/Repro

I have been using MASH in Maya 2018 on Mac making simple dominos, similar to a tutorial found Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD6boXzwRxY . I have the curve with dominos falling well but I make my grid of dominos, apply Random and Transform nodes running 100, 1, 100 dominos with 150, 0, 150 Distance. At this point, when I hit play, the curve of dominos runs dynamically no problem. As soon as I apply Dynamic node to the grid, it says // Error: No Mesh on Instancer/Repro // and none of the dynamics work on either the grid or the curve dominos. I have searched everywhere for a solution and have found nothing. Please help.

Thanks!

Ben---

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @TheMouseman1212 and welcome to the community!

When you get a chance, can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it?

Message 3 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @TheMouseman1212

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Are you still having trouble with this issue?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 7
Parmenides
in reply to: sean.heasley

I am having this issue also. Project enclosed.

Message 5 of 7
Parmenides
in reply to: Parmenides

There seems to be a nasty bug in Mash that has to do with the BulletSolver. Sometimes when you delete a Mash network that had dynamics, you are not able to delete the MASH_BulletSolver from the Outliner. If you create a new Mash network, apparently it tries to use the old BulletSolver and that is where the error crops up.

I don't know a way out of it.  How do  you remove items in the Outliner that can't be deleted normally?  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I can approve what you say. Same scenario happend to me (I deleted a MASH network which was using Mash_BulletSolver), and this error appeared. It is impossible to delet BulletSolver node, I also tried to unlock node, but nothing happend..It is quite annoying.

Message 7 of 7
waverider5023

You are correct. I was having the same issue. I deleted a MASH network  with dynamics, which led to the Error. And it has to do with the original Bullet Solver.  To fix this, I deleted the dynamics for each MASH network (thankfully I didn't have any major customizations ). Then I deleted the Bullet Solver in the Outliner. And then I made new dynamics for each MASH network. Everything seems to be working fine now. This is a fix if you don't have any major customizations to Dynamics in multiple MASH networks. Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report