Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open Render Setup window

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
ljadick
10555 Views, 22 Replies

Can't open Render Setup window

Hi there,

I have a rig I'm referencing into multiple scenes.  As soon as it's referenced in, I'm unable to open the Render Setup window.

Error: line 1: AttributeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\model\renderSetup.py line 422: 'RenderSetup' object has no attribute '_defaultRenderLayer' // 

I can open the render setup window and then open the scene file and the window remains, but that's not really a long-term solution.

I have't made any changes to the window (no layers, overrides, etc).

I have no trouble opening the render setup window in the rig file.

If I import the rig, sometimes I'm only able to open the Render Setup window about half the time.

I tried resetting my preferences but that didn't solve the issue.  This happens on multiple machines, so a fresh install isn't the solution either.

I'd appreciate any ideas.  I'm a bit at a loss at the moment.

Thanks!

-Lauren

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
info
in reply to: ljadick

I got the same issue, anyone from Autodesk has a clear solution? 

Message 22 of 23
ebomke

4 Years with no official Autodesk support for something that is a brick wall in your path.

Message 23 of 23
ayushbakshi98

So I guess we are gonna make anniversary of such issues... In 2023, same issue in 2022.4 (supposed to be stable) Maya.
Good Job Autodesk!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report