Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login with Autodesk ID SSO on Linux

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
josewardMARP7
1004 Views, 8 Replies

Can't login with Autodesk ID SSO on Linux

As the title says, I can't log into Maya using SSO Autodesk ID on Linux. Everything has been installed correctly to my knowledge, but I'm happy to answer specific installation questions if someone more knowledgeable thinks it is relevant.

The program opens fine, but when I select, "Sign in with your Autodesk ID", the window just closes. Selecting" Enter a serial number" or "Use a network license" does not crash the app. Authentication services are running properly and are up to date. 

I have found this thread, but the solution provided is exclusive to Windows.

I am running Fedora Linux 39.

If anyone knows a solution to this problem or potential rabbit holes to explore, let me know!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi @josewardMARP7 ,

Appreciate you bringing this issue to the forums! What version of Maya are you attempting to run? I found this thread noting the nuances of installing and running Maya on Fedora, which seems pretty thorough. I would note that Fedora Linux OS is not on the supported list, just CentOS and Red Hat.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 9

Hello! Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, the problem continues, no matter what I throw at it. I originally followed that linked thread to set up Maya 2025 and have tried every installation order I know to try to no avail. It still loads initially, and as soon as I click "Sign in with AudodeskID" the software crashes

Just to test it out, I installed Red Hat Enterprise linux, and ran into the same problem. Running Maya in the console gives me the following message:

A licensing error occurred that Autodesk systems were not able to handle for you. Please contact Autodesk Customer Support for help in resolving this error.

Diving into the logs finds me the following errors:

ERROR: Error Information: Maya 2025 : [IDSDK] 3070: The PC have not installed WebView2
ERROR: adlsdkAuthorize returned with error code: ADLSDK_STATUS_LICENSE_CHECKOUT_ERROR
ERROR: checkinLicense: unable to release authentication handle

WebView2 is windows exclusive, but it leads me to believe I have to install some mystery package to display the login screen. The licensing service is running. Maya 2025 is attached to the licensing service. This problem happens even on Red Hat using the provided installer. Threads covering this topic either provide windows only solutions, or solutions that don't work.

If you know any more rabbit holes I can search I would love to hear them/

Message 4 of 9

Message 5 of 9

You got me excited because that is such a reasonable solution, but nope. Same error message running on X11.

Message 6 of 9
adro_env
in reply to: josewardMARP7

Hi, I have the same error, but without the WebView2 part. I mainly use an Arch Linux machine but also tried on Rocky Linux 9 and no luck.

ERROR: Error Information: Maya 2025 : [IDSDK] 3005: The SSO client object acquired is invalid or null
ERROR: adlsdkAuthorize returned with error code: ADLSDK_STATUS_LICENSE_CHECKOUT_ERROR
ERROR: checkinLicense: unable to release authentication handle

I think there's something wrong with the new Identity Manager.

There's been some work on AUR trying to install Maya 2025 as well: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/maya#comment-964120

If someone manages to install this version, please let us know here!

Message 7 of 9
meepzh
in reply to: adro_env

ERROR: Error Information: Maya 2025 : [IDSDK] 3005: The SSO client object acquired is invalid or null

can be resolved by creating a symlink at /opt/Autodesk/AdskIdentityManager called Current, linking to whatever version you have available. This solution should be corroborated by the logs at /tmp/agent-stdout-*.log.

I've been investigating from the AUR side, and I get the same WebView2 error. I've even tried running the Linux version of Maya from Wine with WebView2 installed! I suspect it's not the real issue. Based on the other logs in /tmp and ~/.autodesk, it's not clear to me if the issue stems from Qt, OpenSSLor some other incompatibility.

Message 8 of 9
adro_env
in reply to: meepzh

Thanks @meepzh, I got to the same Webview2 error.

I'll take a look at it, I hope someone from Autodesk can help with this. Also hope that Autodesk knows that Microsoft Webview2 isn't available on Linux yet, and I don't expect to it to be anytime soon coming from Microsoft.

Message 9 of 9
dnguy38
in reply to: josewardMARP7

I have the same error on Fedora 40 for Maya 2025. For now, I installed an older version of Maya (2022-4, but I suspect newer ones might also work) by following the linked thread. If after logging in, Maya opens to a blank window, then just add MAYA_NO_HOME = 1 to Maya.env like one of the comments said.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report