Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken motion trail

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Niko_Bitan
1543 Views, 12 Replies

Broken motion trail

Whenever I try to move the dots representing the keyframes on the motion trail, they shoot up into the stratosphere. A colleague of mine used an older verison of Maya and it worked fine there, he could adjust the dots normally, but after he upgraded to the new version he has the same problem. It's frustrating because it's a really useful option that apparently worked in the past, but is now useless.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
sean.heasley
in reply to: Niko_Bitan

Hi @Niko_Bitan 

What version of Maya are you making the motion trails in? Is it up to date?

Also do you have any snapping enabled that might be causing this?

Message 3 of 13
Niko_Bitan
in reply to: sean.heasley

I use 2019 and there's no snapping enabled. I had the same issue in Maya LT 2018.

Message 4 of 13
sean.heasley

Hi @Niko_Bitan 

Are you using 2019LT as well? What version is your co-worker using?

Also, do you have steps to reproduce this? I'd just like to narrow down if this is an issue across all of Maya or specifically LT.

Message 5 of 13
Niko_Bitan

I was using MayaLT 2018 and switched to Maya 2019, where the problem remains. My coworker used Maya 2018 and 2019. The problem exists in all these versions. I no longer have access to MayaLT 2018.

I think it worked for him properly in Maya 2013.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 13
sean.heasley

Hi @Niko_Bitan 

If 2013 is the last version it worked its possible that there have just been changes to how motion trails work since then so the workflow you're using might not be the "right" way to do it.

Do you have any steps to reproduce this?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

I ve this issue with file wich is not mine. But when i create a own scene motion trail works fine. 

I had this issue with a few of maya version

Message 8 of 13
Niko_Bitan

I create a motion trail, the motion trail has its dots representing keyframes, I try to move those keyframes, keyframes fly off. I already wrote this. It's very obviously a bug and there's no way both he and I messed this up independently.

Someone else also complained about the same thing: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-animation-and-rigging/editing-motion-trail-maya-2018/m-p/7398843

This seems to be a problem with the 2018-2019 versions of Maya.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

In the graph editor try to switch your tangent to weighted mode
Message 10 of 13
Niko_Bitan
in reply to: Anonymous

That didn't help.

I noticed it wasn't a problem on a very simple animation I did, but anything even slightly complicated has this problem.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Hi, it is working fine at home
Could you share with us a file with the same trajectory or made a Screencast, that will help us to understand well your issue and trying to help better.
Message 12 of 13
Niko_Bitan
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't share my work here and you said you've come across the issue before.

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

It's a bit late of a reply, but there seems to be a bug with it that pops up with each release. So far the only work around I've found is to change the working units in the settings to centimetres when using it. For some reason it just does not like to convert to the others.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report