Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated from 2019 - Global Forms missing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
arkelec
631 Views, 3 Replies

Migrated from 2019 - Global Forms missing

As per title, in the 2019 version, my custom forms are listed under the tab but in 2020, it's empty (see pic below):

Inventor Global Forms not Migrated.png

I can manually add iLogic rules, but the how do I do it for forms?

The form xml files are listed in the relevant containing folder.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Check if the file path's are correct!

ilogicLocation.PNG

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 4
MjDeck
in reply to: arkelec

The default containing folder is under Design Data. It is different for 2019 and 2020.
Have you copied the files from the 2019 folder to the 2020 folder? If so, please try right-clicking in the Global Forms pane and choose the Refresh command from the context menu.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
arkelec
in reply to: MjDeck

Thanks for the replies.

The folder location was correct & the xml files had been copied across.

The "refresh" worked, but oddly, I had added some icons for the forms & it wasn't until I'd copied a file named "iLogicBrowserUiFormSpecification.xml" that the icons were visible (even though the icon data was in the individual form xml files.

What's worse, I can't remember how I added the icons, so there's also that.

Anyway, it's sorted for another year.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report