Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard TAB key functionality in iProperty.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aurel_e
181 Views, 4 Replies

Keyboard TAB key functionality in iProperty.

Hi,

In my drawing template we have got iProperties: "Works Order No" and "Customer".

I need to insert in the drawing a QR code. Scanning that would fill 2 fields in a form. The qr code need to concatenate a combined iProperty that would look like =<Works Order No> & Tab & <Customer>.

Any idea how to achieve that? Or if you know any QR code addin to combine iproperties like that?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi this code seems to work in the value field but the text does not show the tab.

Sub IpropertyWithTab()

Dim odoc As PartDocument
Set odoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

odoc.PropertySets.Item("User Defined Properties").Item("test").Value = "test" & vbTab & "test"

End Sub

fredericvandenplas_0-1717666351956.png

If you think this answer fullfilled your needs, improved your knowledge or leads to a solution,
please feel free to "kudos"
Message 3 of 5
Michael.Navara
in reply to: aurel_e

For conversion iProperty value to QR Code you can use Be.Smart Tools4Inventor

Content of the iProperty expression can be created using external program like notepad. Write text for expression (including 'tab') in notepad and Copy+Paste put them to iProperty expression.

Message 4 of 5

bradeneuropeArthur_0-1717679581290.png

bradeneuropeArthur_1-1717679636617.png

TAB HAS 8 SPACES

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 5 of 5
Michael.Navara
in reply to: aurel_e

You can also update the solution provided by @bradeneuropeArthur with the following:

Use Tab char in iProperty instead of whitespaces, because with Tab the texts become aligned.

You can create custom iProperty named Tab using simple code below

iProperties.Value("Custom", "Tab") = vbTab

MichaelNavara_0-1717685654496.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report