Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart parameter change within iAssemblies

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
349 Views, 5 Replies

iPart parameter change within iAssemblies

I am trying to create an iAssembly with iParts for bricks within a custom furnace. The issue im having is the bricks needed have over 100,00 variations in size. Is there a way to use an iPart called in an iAssembly for one parameter and then change the other two other parameters within the assembly as static values calculated with the code. The bricks are in increments of 0.125 in all three directions. This is being used for automation purposes. 

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
A.Acheson
in reply to: Anonymous

iPart are a derived file so you would simply create the variants in the iPart and publish the members then select the members in the iAssembly.  You can select the members via ilogic if required.

Otherwise just use ilogic to create a configurator. I believe you can't have a custom iAssembly like you can have a custom ipart. 

Have you sample part files or code to work with? You said 100,00, is it 100, 1000 variants?

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: A.Acheson

yeah the blocks range in width of 30 to 10 in 0.125 increments and then width is thee same range of 30 to 10 increments of 0.125 and then thickness which has 4 possible values. I just didn't know if there was any other way then creating an iPart table that pick to pull from.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Would a component created with iLogic called within the assembly logic be a better way to accomplish this issue. If thats possible. Im am just having issues with the assembly crashing every time I execute the rule due to the amount of iparts being searched through. 

Message 5 of 6
A.Acheson
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

There must be something up with the code. Can you post it here? I haven’t done much assembly creation with ilogic parts but I am guessing it would be a lot of code. 

Is it a case that you will need the parts to change sizes based on set parameter of assembly or is it all manual sizing? 

Using ilogic for part numbers,descriptions etc will need to be either hard coded or taken from an excel sheet along with parameters. 

So in essence you are trading one container for information for another but dropping the derived part element and member file updating. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the help but i ended up figuring it out. I found the way to create the parts from a base part creating the sizes needed with the assembly logic, so bypassing iParts basically taking away the large file sizes and extra log processing time for the iParts I would have needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report