Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic errors after update inventor 2018

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
m.maertens6DTZT
1202 Views, 15 Replies

iLogic errors after update inventor 2018

Hi all,

When I want to use an iLogic component from inventor 2016 in 2018, I receive an error.

See below:

error.jpg

To make things more complex; when I send this file to my collegue, he don't receive this issue.

Can you please open the file and see if you also can repeat this issue?

And most important: any idea how to solve this

Thanks!

Best regards 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

For me the code properties runs correct..

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 16

What version of inventor are you and your colleague using?

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 4 of 16
JaneFan
in reply to: m.maertens6DTZT

It runs correctly for me, too.

Is the file in library folder? Please try to add this line in Properties rule:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

ThisApplication.[_LibraryDocumentModifiable] = True 

Jane Fan
Inventor QA Engineer
Message 5 of 16
m.maertens6DTZT
in reply to: JaneFan

No, because I just can't modify anything or save it in the properties.
I can't even change the name. I always get this message:
Error 2.jpg

Message 6 of 16

Put a messagebox in each if and before each if. Take a look what happens

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 7 of 16

Thanks yor your reply.

See below the screenshot of the version that I use.

I have 2 collegues, but it only works with 1 of them.

The other collegue and myself are having this issue.

inventor .jpg

Message 8 of 16

Van you please provide the details of the error. Error tab....

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 9 of 16

Hello,

So, when I open an iLogic component - I get the error message: Error in rule: Properties, in document: Fixscreen 124D 186D 100S.ipt
On the tab 'more info' I have this: 

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Niet nader omschreven fout (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005 (E_FAIL))
at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
at Inventor.Property.set_Value(Object )
at LmiRuleScript.Main()
at Autodesk.iLogic.Exec.AppDomExec.ExecRuleInAssembly(Assembly assem)
at iLogic.RuleEvalContainer.ExecRuleEval(String execRule)

When I go into the rules of my iLogic browser and I try to modify anything,  I get an error message.

I just don't get it how this suddenly doesn't work anymore

Message 10 of 16

Put a messagebox in each if and before each if. Take a look what happens

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 11 of 16

Ok,

I managed to make it work by changing my projects.

FYI: We work with several projects in inventor.

Same as in 2016 - but it seems that in 2018 something has changed.

Projects "02 Projecten (ETO)" is to make all our projects and to import the parts from our library. When I work in this projects, I receive the error!

Projects "02 beCAD 2018" is when we want to modify our library. When I work in this, it works!

So, probably it has something to do with read/write - read only. error message .jpg

The strange thing is that this way of working works in 2016 but nog in 2018 anymore.

Message 12 of 16
JaneFan
in reply to: m.maertens6DTZT

There is a change between 2016 and 2018 which might be the cause that modifying library files or read only files from API/iLogic are blocked by default, for security sack. But if users need it, there is an option to enable this function by setting inventor application property _LibraryDocumentModifiable to True:

ThisApplication.[_LibraryDocumentModifiable] = True

Jane Fan
Inventor QA Engineer
Message 13 of 16

This has been changed in 2018. You are correct.
Good to hear that it works now for you.

They have implemented a property to allow library changed in inventor" librarymofifyable"

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 14 of 16

Not exactly.

When I add this rule to the properties, I don't receive the error anymore. So that is solved 🙂
But, when I modify the values in the iLogic window that pops up, then the parts of my library are modified. And this can't be correct.

In 2016, when I insert this specific iLogic component, then it generates copies of the adapted part into my project folder.

See below how this works in 2016.
Step 1: insert iLogic component
Step 2: automatically generating copys of the modified part into the project folder.

ilogic issues.jpg

To make things more complex again. With another, more simplistic model, it does the job correctly = copy the modified parts into the library.

I know, it's perhaps not easy to follow exactly what I mean because our library and way of working is customized for our purpose. 
I just want to mention this because: in 2016 this works fine and in 2018 not for all components.

I will also try to figure this out by deleting all the rules and adding them step by step again. 

Message 15 of 16

SOLVED 

I replaced the files that are necessary for the ilogic component in a new folder and called that "PARTS".

see folder structure below. 

And I also added the text in the rule.

Now, whenever I import the ilogic component - it creates the files in my project folder.

Thanks for all your helpfull feedback!

BACKLED LIGHTBOX.jpg

Message 16 of 16

Your thanks are appreciated!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report