Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Model State to Phantom to avoid a Item number

Set Model State to Phantom to avoid a Item number

Hello, it would be nice to get the possibility to set Model States to Phantom to get no Item number if assign item will be clicked in Vault.

3 Comments
herzogh
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

I would like to understand this better. Would you like Phantom per model state? what about Reference? I ask because these both have impact to BOM and Part List in Inventor and I am not certain that is your goal.

Thank you

--Hans

grzjoh18
Advocate
The flag 'Phantom' (bad naming) or 'exclude from BOM' is not referenced to the BOM itself, the main idea is to exclude a Model State from BOM creation if no BOM is needed for that.
Maybe the check-In time will be reduced if one or more Model States is not needed, I don't know how !
I like the idea to use the BOM flags for Model States do have more possibilities, use Model State 1 as default, the 2nd as reference, ...but let's keep the focus on the first one 'exclude from BOM'
Robert_Kafka
Contributor

I like the idea to have a model or assembly at hand that is phantom by default and shows that way in the drawing too!
Sometimes i have an option of a model state that is not ready yet and maybe never will & i dont want to pull an item for it or use it an assembly yet.
But as far as i noticed model states noticeably increase in file size even though the difference is just a single suppressed feature. Can this be reworked so in the internal file mechanics act more like a table driven iPart factory (but without "generating files" within the same file).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report