Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to compare iProperties for Model States

Possibility to compare iProperties for Model States

Hello, 
Model States are great, but a little painful to check iProperties on different Model States. Please provide a solution, where I can compare all those iProperties quickly. Item Number , Material or other entries can be different on each state.
thanks

3 Comments
DRoam
Mentor

This is a great idea! This would make managing iProperties for model states much more intuitive, easy, and fast.

I love the idea of contextual editing of any given aspect of a design on a per-Model State basis. For example, we could have this same multi-column table for each parameter in the Extrude dialog — when you click on Distance, additional text boxes would pop up to the right of the normal one, one for each other Model State. This would make it so much more intuitive, configuring the value for a given parameter from where you normally would in the UI, rather than in the Model States table.

That’s a lofty dream, though. The iProperties are the perfect place to start. Probably the most useful and the simplest. 

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

Can we consider it to have comparison in spreadsheet of model states? That we could see all the configurations there.

grzjoh18
Advocate
I know we do have this spreadsheet for Model States in Excel format, but my personnel feeling is, it's not so comfortable to compare the states. Maybe it depends on the horizontal arrangement why I'm not so happy and I always thinking I missed some values. My perspective is, to have it as vertical arrangement like in the custom iProperty tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report