Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Model State to Phantom to avoid a Item number

Set Model State to Phantom to avoid a Item number

Hello, it would be nice to get the possibility to set Model States to Phantom to get no Item number if assign item will be clicked in Vault.

3 Comments
herzogh
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

I would like to understand this better. Would you like Phantom per model state? what about Reference? I ask because these both have impact to BOM and Part List in Inventor and I am not certain that is your goal.

Thank you

--Hans

grzjoh18
Advocate
The flag 'Phantom' (bad naming) or 'exclude from BOM' is not referenced to the BOM itself, the main idea is to exclude a Model State from BOM creation if no BOM is needed for that.
Maybe the check-In time will be reduced if one or more Model States is not needed, I don't know how !
I like the idea to use the BOM flags for Model States do have more possibilities, use Model State 1 as default, the 2nd as reference, ...but let's keep the focus on the first one 'exclude from BOM'
Robert_Kafka
Contributor

I like the idea to have a model or assembly at hand that is phantom by default and shows that way in the drawing too!
Sometimes i have an option of a model state that is not ready yet and maybe never will & i dont want to pull an item for it or use it an assembly yet.
But as far as i noticed model states noticeably increase in file size even though the difference is just a single suppressed feature. Can this be reworked so in the internal file mechanics act more like a table driven iPart factory (but without "generating files" within the same file).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report