Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Graphical Glitches, Inventor 2021

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
cjones
1288 Views, 20 Replies

Weird Graphical Glitches, Inventor 2021

INV2021.jpgHi,

Ever since installing Inventor 2021, I keep having graphics issues where typically the Extrude and Measure Windows pop up when they shouldn't, and once up they remain (although not active).  The only way to remove them is to either activate measure or extrude, and then cancel.  Another quirk is when I create a sketch, on exiting it instantly becomes invisible.  I then need to turn it on to allow me to perform an Extrude etc on it.

Any ideas what the problem is?  I've already un-installed and re-installed, but made no difference.  Also I've updated the graphics driver (Quadro M1000M).

Thanks for any help,

Chris.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
mdavis22569
in reply to: cjones

So the M1000M hasn't been certified since 2018 Inventor ( I've seen issues with these MXXXXM series cards)

You can try getting the driver set to the last one:

NVIDIA Quadro M1000M Maxwell 2048 Mobile NVIDIA Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook 375.86 64bit [21.21.13.7586]

Download

I would also go into your Application Options / Hardware and testing some of the settings there

b2.PNG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 21
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

Also, what happens if you use the none dark theme ... do you still have an issue?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 21
cjones

Hi, thanks for both your replies....will test light theme a little later and also check drivers.

Chris.

Message 5 of 21
LishuangLu

Hi Chris, 

For the 1st issue about extrude and measure dialogs popping up unexpectedly, please have a try with light theme and let us know if you can still reproduce. 

For the 2nd one related with sketch visibility, this is a known one which is being tracked and investigated internally. 

Thanks, 

-Lisa

Message 6 of 21
cjones

Hi Michael and Lisa,

Thanks both for your comments.  I have since tried switching to Light Theme, but the problem remains (see pic attached).  I also downloaded/installed the graphics card driver in Michael's post, again this made no difference.  I also ran diagnostics within the Hardware tab.. pic also attached of results.

Any further help really appreciated.

thanks,

Chris.light theme.jpgM1000M.jpg

Message 7 of 21
JarFu

hi @cjones,

The behavior you mentioned looks like the known issue which only reproduced on one local PC: Last active PP command prompts automatically when remote a machine. 

Could you please help confirm if you met this issue on the remote machine or not? Many thanks!

Jar Fu
SW Engineer
Inventor QA
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 21
cjones
in reply to: JarFu

Hi,

The issues happen when I am not on a remote machine (but also happen when I am).

Hope that helps.

thanks,

Chris.

Message 9 of 21
JarFu

Got it, thanks your quick update, Chris.

We will check more about this issue and let you know if there is any update.

Jar Fu
SW Engineer
Inventor QA
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 21
mdavis22569

@cjones wrote:

Hi,

The issues happen when I am not on a remote machine (but also happen when I am).

Hope that helps.

thanks,

Chris.

So if you're remoting to a different PC it's fine ... but locally you're having an issue? 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 11 of 21
cjones

Hi,

No - whether I'm remoting from a different PC or not, I have the same problems.

Chris.

Message 12 of 21
JarFu

Got it! According to the problem behavior, they look the same issue. Could you please help check if you still can reproduce it after close Inventor and delete below registry key?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion25.0\DockingAreasRibbon\DockableWindows]

Jar Fu
SW Engineer
Inventor QA
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 13 of 21
cjones

Hi... thanks for your efforts!

I've just deleted the key and will update you once I've run Inventor for a few hours to see if it's fixed it...finger's crossed!

Cheers,

Chris.

Message 14 of 21
cjones

Hi again,

Sadly, same problems still since removing that key....any other thoughts?INV2021 1252.jpg

Message 15 of 21
JarFu

Thanks your quick update, @cjones. We doubt this was caused unexpectedly by some add-ins.

Could you please attach a screenshot about add-in load status for our investigation? And could you please do me a favor to try unloading all add-ins and see whether the problem still exists? Many thanks your patience on this!

Here is the VBA to output all application add-ins status, you can run it in VBA Editor (Alt+F11) and get the result like attachment. 

Sub CheckAddinStatus()

Open "C:\Temp\ApplicationAddinsStatus.csv" For Append As #1
    Print #1, "DisplayName, LoadAutomatically"
    Close #1

Dim oAddin As ApplicationAddIn
    For Each oAddin In ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns
        If oAddin.Type <> kTranslatorAddInObject Then
            Open "C:\Temp\ApplicationAddinsStatus.csv" For Append As #1
            Print #1, oAddin.DisplayName & "," & oAddin.LoadAutomatically
            Close #1
        End If
    Next
End Sub

AddIn.PNG

Jar Fu
SW Engineer
Inventor QA
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 16 of 21
cjones

Hi, thanks @JarFu ...

Attached first are screen shots of the addins.

addin pg1.jpgaddin pg2.jpg

Message 17 of 21
cjones

I've just run the script too (attached)

addins.jpg

Message 18 of 21
cjones

@JarFu...Hi!

A quick update:  All addins unloaded and so far so good!  I've been using Inventor for 3 or 4 hours and have not had the problem since.  I'll keep them unloaded for the moment to be sure that's the problem.  Any ideas which addins may be causing the problem?

thanks,

Chris.

Message 19 of 21
JarFu

Thanks your checking and quick update, @cjones. We doubt 3DxInventor and Inventor CADM but not sure. We're still checking which add-in may cause such problem and will let you know once we have the answer. Many thanks!

Jar Fu
SW Engineer
Inventor QA
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 20 of 21
cjones

@JarFu...Hi again!

I've seen the problem again....I *think* once returning to my PC in which it's installed after remoting to it beforehand - screenshot attached.  I'll keep monitoring it to confirm either way.  The only addin currently loaded is Inventor CAM.

Chris.

inv25062020.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report