Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial Gallery hangs on loading screen

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Sean.Tischler
844 Views, 7 Replies

Tutorial Gallery hangs on loading screen

In Inventor Professional 2020, when I try to access the tutorial gallery no tutorials show up. The screen stays on a circular loading symbol. I have tried using the Inventor Reset Utility with no effect. The same problem occurs on multiple other computers with new installations of Inventor Professional 2020.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Sean,

These tutorials are all stored online. It looks like the machines you are running may have trouble accessing the servers storing the tutorial files. Try a simple test.

Start a browser -> go to "viewer.autodesk.com" -> upload an Inventor file to view. Does it work for you?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 8

This worked for me. I was able to upload a file to viewer.autodesk.com and view the part in the browser.

Message 4 of 8

This is not a solution to my problem.

Message 5 of 8

Hi Sean,

I am not sure why my reply was marked as solution. I am unmarking it now. It sounds like you have internet connection and you don't have trouble accessing Autodesk.com. But, for some reason Inventor is blocked to access certain online content. This could be User Profile related. Try this.

Close Inventor -> right-click on Inventor shortcut icon on desktop -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run as Admin."

Start up Inventor. Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 8

Running the program as admin did solve the problem (for some reason the thumbnail images don't load, but I can see the titles and download the tutorials). Is there a local setting I can change to make it work without having to give admin access every time?

Message 7 of 8

@johnsonshiue , I too seem to having this same issue in 2019 and 2021.

In 2019, selecting the Tutorial Gallery icon in the ribbon gives back a blank, grey screen, typically that's it.

Once I got a "Connection Failed" error and now I get this:

tutorialerror.PNG

I've checked to make sure the add-in was loaded and verified the .msi file was loaded, attempted both a repair and a reinstall and same results. (even ran as admin)

It's not a huge deal for me, but I would really like this feature to operate as intended for our training purposes.

That's what led me to discover it wasn't working, I was attempting to reference the tutorials in my current training lesson.

Any help on this would be great.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 8 of 8

This error would indicate a issue with the two local Node.exe processes not being able to communication. This could be cause by a Firewall blocking the ports 44441 and/or 44442 or by a Proxy Server. For the Proxy server in the Internet Connections tab there is a setting to bypass the server for local address's that needs to be enabled.

The other thing that will sometimes resolve this error, it looks like you already tried by uninstalling the Guided Tutorial Plugin and reinstalling it.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report