Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TruNest?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
draftsman3
1444 Views, 9 Replies

TruNest?

Is TruNest part of AutoCAD Ultimate or stand-alone only?  Is there an easier way to determine maximum length/width/thickness than offsetting planes?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mdavis22569
in reply to: draftsman3

I believe it to be Standalone only 

Here is what's in the Manufacturing Collection:

https://www.autodesk.com/collections/product-design-manufacturing/included-software

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 10

Can you explain a bit more on your design intent.

Not sure these are not really two different questions.

Message 4 of 10

TruNest would of course be the best solution, but a manually created bounding box may work for now.  They are two different things.  I'm not sure if we need the ability to nest multiple parts or just need the size requirements for a single part.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: draftsman3

@draftsman3

Trunest is a separate nesting package that you must purchase directly from Autodesk..  It is a costly product and its not something that you can purchase through the Autodesk e-store.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 10

We'll be starting a Tech Preview for a nesting utility in Inventor, in the next week; this is based on a sub-set of TruNest functionality. This was announced as a subscription benefit for the Product Design & Manufacturing Collection at Autodesk University, last November.

If you are interested in getting access to the Tech Preview or want to engage in deeper discussion with the product team then you can sign up using this link:

https://beta.autodesk.com/key/nestingpreview

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10

@draftsman3

Also I just thought of this..  Are you just looking for the extents of length/width/height of your model?  If so, @johnsonshiue posted a iLogic snippet the other day to a forum posting about this requirements. 

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 10

Hi! I guess Mark is talking about the following thread. It is a way to push Sheet Metal Extents to iProperties with desirable format (as opposed to doc unit).

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/custom-iproperty-with-ilogic-comma-after-value/m-p/769...

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 10

@johnsonshiue

Although I would like to give you a kudos for your response, its not the correct one..  Smiley Very Happy  It was just a couple of days ago and the OP wanted to know the extents of his/her model to determine the least size for the model's raw material.  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 10

Hi Mark,

I guess it is this one then. How to get the extent properties.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-custom-property-calculate-extents-of-billet-s...

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report