Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom iproperty with iLogic, comma after value

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mikko.m
1070 Views, 5 Replies

Custom iproperty with iLogic, comma after value

I use iLogic to create custom iProperty value. Problem is that it shows comma after the value. Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my settings?

This seems to be quite similar problem.

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

iProperties.Value("Custom", "Sheet_Length") = Round(SheetMetal.FlatExtentsLength)
iProperties.Value("Custom", "Sheet_Width") = Round(SheetMetal.FlatExtentsWidth)

ilogic_comma.JPG

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Inventor Professional 2019.3
Vault Workgroup 2019.1.1
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: mikko.m

@mikko.m

What version of Inventor do you have? 

Have you installed all updates for it?

Your code works just fine for me in 2018

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
mikko.m
in reply to: mcgyvr

Inventor Professional 2018.2.

Windows 10 64-bit

I tried the code on another computer which has 2017 Inventor and Windows language is english.

It shows decimal there:

inventor_dot.JPG

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Vault Workgroup 2019.1.1
Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

The problem (or reason) is your Windows Location (location/region locale) settings are different..

One is set to use a comma as the digit symbol the other using the period..

Go here..

Control panel... Clock, Language, Region...Change date, time, or number formats..additional settings..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
mikko.m
in reply to: mcgyvr

Ok, but how do I get an integer?

Vault Workgroup 2019.1.1
Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi Mikko,

There is a way to force the iProperties to be integer. Here is what you need to do.

1) Instead of writing out flat pattern extents to custom iProperties directly, create two User Parameters, i.e. FLAT_LENGTH and FLAT_WIDTH.

2) Check "Export" status on the far right column in the Parameters dialog.

3) Click on the expression/equation field of the parameter -> click on the small arrow button -> Custom Property Format -> set precision to integer. Do it for both parameters.

4) Go to iLogic browser and edit the rule. Change the rule so that the two parameters equal to the extents.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report