Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-assembly price in parts list

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
342 Views, 3 Replies

Sub-assembly price in parts list

Hi!

I have an assembly made of 8 different sub-assemblies (some of them repeat). How do I make a parts list showing all sub-assemblies and their prices? I have already made parts lists for individual parts and their prices for each sub-assembly.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! If each subassembly is unique, you can simply use BOM Structured View to show each subassemblies. If some of them are instances of a subassembly, they will roll up as one row.

Inventor 2021 and earlier is not yet able to create instance properties. We are working on a project enabling such behavior. You can sign up Inventor Feedback Community (https://autode.sk/InventorBeta) to try it on an internal testable build.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson Shiue,

Thank you for your answer. I have another question.

When I open the BOM structured view of the said assembly I see all the sub-assemblies but the estimated cost column is blank for all of them. When I expand a sub-assembly I see the estimated costs  for all the parts and their QTYs but the estimated cost for the parent sub-assembly is still blank.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

The estimated cost field is a manually filled out field. 

You would need to manually enter the value for the subassembly just like you did the parts or use some ilogic,etc... to loop through an assembly and set that value.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/calculate-total-assembly-cost/td-p/6412356

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report