Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view doesn't show whole view

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Ed.Jobe
929 Views, 5 Replies

Section view doesn't show whole view

In the first view, the section line is positioned where I want, but the view does not display the full height and width as shown by the red box. In the second view, if I move the section line inward, the full height and width is shown. The last time I opened this drawing, it worked. Something has changed?

Section 1Section 1Section 2Section 2

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

And its not just related to you having a specified Section Depth "Distance" vs "Full"? 

Can you post the idw file?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: mcgyvr

Correct, the section line does have a depth. All I did was move the section line and view 2 works. I've posted the dwg, but of course it doesn't have the model.

Strange, I just opened it again and while the dwg was loading, the view displayed like I expect. When it finished loading, the view displayed cropped again.

I made a change to the file and uploaded it again. Still has the problem.

Ed

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

@Ed.Jobe wrote:

Correct, the section line does have a depth.

Ok.... Is the grid/overall frame structure whatever that is reference? 

From what I see/assume the section views look correct to me because of your depth and that the frame structure isn't fully included in the view extents. (I'm assuming its reference)

Reference parts aren't taken into account when calculating view extents.. You need to adjust the "margin" setting on the second tab of the base view dialog box to adjust that and include them.

(edit.. Well... Maybe not.. section views seem to honor base views in the quick test I just did but I don't have your dataset)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 6
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: mcgyvr

I changed the margin from 4 to 50 and it works now. I'm not sure why it was working before. I didn't change that variable. I also, don't see why section 2 works with the same margin of 4.

Ed

How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr

@Ed.Jobe wrote:

I also, don't see why section 2 works with the same margin of 4.

Because the non-reference components in that view are larger and happen to be large enough that you see the entire structure based on the view extents those larger components create.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report