Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to display referenced visible edges as phantom and referenced hidden lines as hidden

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ccarriereEZDS7
487 Views, 2 Replies

Want to display referenced visible edges as phantom and referenced hidden lines as hidden

I have looked through the forum, and this doesn't seem possible, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.  I want to display visible edges of referenced parts as phantom and the hidden lines as hidden.   Currently if select "Edges As Part" in the Display Style dropdown box (in the Model tab of the Drawing View dialog box), the visible edges of referenced parts show as continuous and the hidden lines show as hidden.  But if I select "Edges As Reference", all the lines show as phantom, even the hidden lines.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
theo.bot
in reply to: ccarriereEZDS7

By default the answer is no you can't set this in the object defaults. But if you really need these objects shown in a different layer, then you can do it manually. By playing with layer visibility state and cross selection you can quickly assign the geometry to a new layer.

Edit:  I added a small sample video.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report