Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

row height in BOM table

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
nedeljko.sovljanski
396 Views, 7 Replies

row height in BOM table

Hi everyone,

Does somebody know how to calculate row height in BOM based on font style, font size, gaps,... ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You may find a quicker answer in the Customization forum.

They do a lot with BOMs using iLogic and VBA/VB.Net, so they would know all about that.

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 3 of 8

What specifically are you trying to do?

Inventor basically handles row height in a parts list based on the text style you use and then has a "row gap" which gives top/bottom padding to each cell. 

If you use a 2mm font and set row gap to 1 mm you will have a 4mm (2+1+1) tall row. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

I am trying to draw thicker border around some rows in BOM. I will check BOM properties. Thanks.

Message 5 of 8

I would think this work is best done in excel directly to the parts list /BOM export, The part list table has limited options for modifying the table borders like you would do in excel. You will likely be able to find a VBA macro to highlight a range based on range contents. 

Have you a picture of where you wan the finished table to be and what it looks like? 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 6 of 8

HI @A.Acheson , but after that I need to paste excel table in drawing, and I something changed, table will not be updated.

Message 7 of 8

Here is a few post on ideas about having this functionality implemented. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/add-parts-list-border-line-format-settings/idi-p/79090...

With marginal workarounds. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/parts-list-on-drawing-line-weight-settings/td-p/105658...

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 8 of 8

Depending on font name, row gap and text in part list cells, heights can vary and easiest way is: let Inventor to calculate and we will just read this values. The values could be found at:

DrawingDocument.Sheets(_number_).PartLists(_number_).PartListRows(_desiredRowNumber_).Height

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report