Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List on drawing - line weight settings.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
KobusE
807 Views, 7 Replies

Parts List on drawing - line weight settings.

Good morning All,

So I have searched the forums and see that this is a long outstanding issue - one cannot change the line weight settings for a parts list like you can do for a normal table. And it seems like one of the wish list items Autodesk chooses to ignore.

Anyone found a workaround for this yet?

Regards

Kobus

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
johnsonshiue
in reply to: KobusE

Hi Kobus,

Yes, there is a way to change the table line weight. By default, the table is placed on Symbol Layer. You just need to change the layer line weight and the table will have a different line weight. Go to Tools -> App options -> Drawing -> check "Display Line Weight."

You can also change it to a different layer so that it is independent from other symbols.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 8
KobusE
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Good day,

I want different line weights for the outside vs internal lines...but I have figured out it is not possible. So my workaround is to export the bill to Excel and then bring it back in as a table.

Regards

Kobus

Message 4 of 8
SharkDesign
Message 5 of 8
brad

KobusE,

How about just sketching a rectangle around the parts list and changing it's lineweight?

Requires "eyeballing" to set the corners, and stretching in case the parts list changes, but at least you don't have to cycle it through Excel.Parts list.PNG

Message 6 of 8
KobusE
in reply to: brad

Morning,

Thought of that too, but I have to make my templates relatively bomb proof. We have draughting persons coming through on short term contracts and I need to pre-empt bad draughting practices and inexperience. So I am trying to have a drawing template where the person just have to drop views and dimension it..... I will probably not live long enough to perfect it but...

Regards

Kobus

Message 7 of 8
KobusE

Good morning,

This topic is really bugging me as I cannot for the life of me imagine that Autodesk completely redesigned the Parts List table from that of a normal table....the standard table having the options to edit the inner and outer line weights and the parts list table not.

So I started scratching around, and found that there is a Design Style called partslist.xml and also one called table.xml.

What is really interesting in my eyes (and please bear with me, I am not remotely into coding and do not know enough to save me if my life depends on it.....but) is that if I open the files in Wordpad, the lines of coding in the beginning of the files looks almost the same, including provisions for InsideLineWeight and OutsideLineWeight...

Now I am wondering.....why the heck don't we have a button for the Parts List table where we can change it as it is for the Standard Tables?

And the next question is, for those that dream in coding, can I edit this file to give me the lineweight results I want?

My Thursday thoughts only....

Have a great day to all the Inventor boffins out there! I think a beer is in order, by the time I get one it will be lunch time anyway.

Regards

Kobus

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr

@KobusE  While the attributes for inside/outside lines are there in the XML file the program doesn't support them for parts lists best I can tell.. 

I'd highly suggest simply accepting identical line weights and just move on..  😀

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report