Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft rails not symmetric

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
grant_maiorana
272 Views, 3 Replies

Loft rails not symmetric

I am trying to create a loft feature between several sketches. When I select the last sketch, the loft rails attach to it asymmetrically. See file.

I am in Inventor Professional 2020.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: grant_maiorana

@grant_maiorana 

Are you attempting to follow some Tutorial?

You are going to have to use Surface modeling techniques.

JDMather_0-1685647721627.png

There are several improvements that you can use as well that I can explain if you continue the discussion.

Notice if you leave out the internal geometry from your profiles that you can Loft as a solid and then add those features later.

JDMather_1-1685648035661.png

You could also adjust Point Mapping, but I am going to suggest that you not do that.

JDMather_2-1685648242176.pngJDMather_3-1685648258851.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: grant_maiorana

In addition to what @JDMather suggested, I would create only half of this shape, then mirror the entire solid body.  That guarantees the the two sides are symmetric, and is also considerably less work.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.0.1 | Windows 10 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 4 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: SBix26

Another option that can work for you is... if you almost finished the model and invested a lot of time on it, instead of restarting from scratch to do the "half a boat method", maybe you can use the split tool to eliminate the half you don't like and mirror the remaining one.
Next time you start a similar symmetric model, remember that awesome tip that @SBix26 suggested.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report