Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor parts are darker.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1192 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor parts are darker.

New and old .ipt's appear darker all of a sudden.  I haven't changed any settings or changed material, it just... happened.  I attached a screenshot and an example .ipt

2020-02-11_8-06-27.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
admaiora
in reply to: Anonymous

I see it correctly. What IBL do you have? (View>Appearance>IBL list

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto

Your part came in normal for me as well.

Are you using a different Project file?  Maybe is switched on you and caused this?

Did someone else in your department modify the material library and appearances by chance and didn't tell you? 😄

You can always go to the solid body and remove all appearances and change it to what you want.

Bearing.jpg

EE LOGO.png
Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 9
mcgyvr

Start by selecting a different lighting style.. Did that help?

Looks like someone may have dropped the "exposure" setting for "Light Them IBL". 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

I haven't changed project files, Material is 'Generic', Appearance is 'Default', no one else uses my laptop.  Thanks for trying 😃

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Changing the light theme does make a positive difference.   I tried changing the exposure setting for Light Theme IBL, no change.  Might just have to default to a different lighting style.  Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! This may also be related to Hardware setting. What is it set to (Tools -> App Options -> Hardware)?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 9
230roblittle

I have the same problem.  It occurs after my computer wakes up from sleep mode.  I have to close Inventor and re-open then the color is back to normal.  Autodesk said this must be a video/computer problem.  I doubt it as my 1-year-old $8k CAD workstation has 16GB of video memory and all the updates.

Message 9 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! It should be lighting style related. Could you take a screenshot when it happens next time? Also, what is the Hardware setting (Tools -> App Options -> Hardware)?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report