Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make stick text that i can cam to

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
472 Views, 5 Replies

how to make stick text that i can cam to

i would like to make simple "stick" text that i can cam to, does anyone know how to do this. i currently made stick letters in autocad, then have to arrange them to make whatever part number out of them, then import into inventor.

this is very time consuming but it is what our customer wants.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
S_May
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous ,

please show us a pattern, and where the text should be inserted

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: S_May

If you look i have stick text on top of the model. I have attached the model as well.P30911.JPG

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I found a video with a  add in the looks like just what i want, however i cannot find said add on. Is this still available?Text tool Snip of video.JPG

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

I just use "Simplex" font and then engrave it with the HSM "Trace" function and set "Stock to Leave (Axial)" to -.015 (or whatever depth I want it engraved)

Works perfect

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks, but that does not work the way i want it too. The video i found show him making cutter path exactly the way i would like. Just do not know where to get that add in, it does not show up in AUTODESK apps. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report