Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I suppress features in an iassembly?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
527 Views, 4 Replies

How do I suppress features in an iassembly?

Hi

I am working on a part that consist of several parts being machined together after being assembled. Therefore I make the parts, assemble them in an assembly and then continue working on them in the assembly itself. Its basically quite simple.

The whole idea is to make the machining drawings showing the assembly with and without the machining. To do this I made an iassembly including the parts and the machining. I expected to suppress the features in one of the iassemblies and leave them unsupressed in the other, however I cant figure out how to do this.

As this is basically the workaround for a lot of parts in the machining industry Im sure it can be done in Inventor as well. Anybody with any advice?

Thanks in advance:-)

Best - Niels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bradeneuropeArthur
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

We are doing the following:

• Make a derived part from the original assembly.
  • Then give the derived part the same properties and values as the original assembly.
  • Do the machining in the derived part.
  • make a drawing form the deride part.

We have written a tool to do that for us as an add in in vb.net for inventor.

Another user has provided an I-logic rule for it.

If I can help you with the coding please for the add in please let me know.

See the bellow link as description to the idea station:

Derived part and assembly (Copy i-Properties)

Hope this idea helps.

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

Hi Niels,

Welcome to the forum.

What I would do is create an iPart that shows these variables.  Then in your iAssembly specify which ever iPart you need.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr

as simple as this..

Edit iassy table.. Go to exclusion.. Double click on the assembly feature to add it to the table.. select include or exclude from the dropdown..

voila.. 

iassyexclude1.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Your I assembly is not needed anymore.

Why are you creating the I-assembly: To be able to create the machining and suppress the machining in the same I-assembly.

I the answer is yes, you do not need the I-assembly, and use the derived part principle.

Doe this answer your question?

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report