Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday pictures 4-14-'17 Easter edition

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
-niels-
943 Views, 8 Replies

Friday pictures 4-14-'17 Easter edition

A Good Friday, or good Good Friday... whichever pun you prefer. Smiley Wink

Time for the Easter edition, hope everyone has their eggs ready.

I must admit, i didn't really achieve the scene i wanted to when i announced the theme. Smiley Sad

2 weeks in my evenings just wasn't enough to learn Maya, Arnold AND Bifröst (fluid simulation).

So i decided to just stick to making the render, but with Maya and Arnold... which has also proven difficult.

There's a lot of things wrong with my image or at least things i don't like, i'll mention some after the image.

Because i wasn't familiar with the render settings i cranked the settings up pretty high and i had to render this overnight... took over 5 hours to render the scene...  (323 min)

Anyway, here's my image:

Easter_2017.jpg

So... faults... examine my image and see if you notice the following:

Glass of water, no shadow, floating? (Vase too, but less noticeable)

Cloth in basket, artifact near top middle egg.

Brush, no defined bristles.

The bristles one is my own fault actually... but with 5 hours of rendering i didn't have time to adjust the texture anymore this morning.

Still, with all the issues this was fun to do... i might recreate this in 3DS Max 2018, as the Arnold renderer is in there now too.

I will probably work on the effect i wanted to achieve with the glass of water and fluid simulation, so if i manage that i'll be sure to post it in a future Friday pictures.

So, this was a fun learning experience but i don't know if i like Maya better then 3DS Max... i think i will like the Arnold renderer though.

Now for everyone else's images... i'm talking too much here. Smiley Embarassed

Enjoy the (Easter) weekend!

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Frank-Oosterwaal
in reply to: -niels-

Hi everyone,

I have been curious about Inventor mold design but I never used it because I never had to. I thought maybe I can make a mold design for the easter edition. So I made the entire mold in Inventor, brought it in Max for animation and render. Used Realflow for the liquid animation. Here's the final result.

I made a screencast of the animation but it's not so smooth as the actual video so I shared the original as a attachment. The video is a bit fast but as many of you know, every second is about 25 to 30 frames to render. This animation has 600 rendered frames.

Maybe some off you recognize the eggs from last year's edition!

Happy Easter!!!

Easter-0800.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 9
-niels-
in reply to: Frank-Oosterwaal

@Frank-Oosterwaal: Awesome!

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 9
TheCADWhisperer

Well for some reason I can't get Embed link for this Screencast - so here is the direct link.

How engineers collect Easter eggs.

Easter.png

Message 5 of 9
Judith.Hageman

Hi Everyone, a good Good Friday!

The Easter Edition Challenge, and yes I brought eggs..

Like Niels, I can pin-point a lot of mistakes in my presentation as well. Especially when bugs or bunnies mesh up your scene. Smiley Frustrated

But the things I have learned and the fun I had these last two weeks are incredible! So thanks for the challenge, it was stretching.

I can't seem to insert the video in the post, so I have attached it. This is just to make you curious. Smiley Wink

Pasen-Cam04-0010000.jpg

@-niels-  too bad it didn't work out quite how you wanted it, that's frustrating. Still, it is a very nice picture, especially if you take the learning curve in account. I am glad to learn that Maya isn't better than Max, I was wondering about that when you mentioned it.

@Frank-Oosterwaal  WAUW!!! Take looks amazing!

@TheCADWhisperer Love the title, great bucket, sells well these days...Smiley Very Happy

Happy Easter!!!

J.

Message 6 of 9
-niels-
in reply to: Judith.Hageman

@Judith.Hageman wrote:

@-niels-  too bad it didn't work out quite how you wanted it, that's frustrating. Still, it is a very nice picture, especially if you take the learning curve in account. I am glad to learn that Maya isn't better than Max, I was wondering about that when you mentioned it.

There was just too little time, that's all...

In my opinion it's only a nice picture because of that learning curve, but i might be too harsh on myself so thanks for the kind words.

I love your animation btw!

Pixar's lamp just got some technical company. Smiley Very Happy

Glad to see you managed to work that topology stuff into your egg and did i see some destruction in there?

You're clearly more dedicated to learning Max than i am, at least in regards to animating.

Keep it up!

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 7 of 9

@Frank-Oosterwaal wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have been curious about Inventor mold design but I never used it because I never had to. I thought maybe I can make a mold design for the easter edition. So I made the entire mold in Inventor, brought it in Max for animation and render. Used Realflow for the liquid animation. Here's the final result.

I made a screencast of the animation but it's not so smooth as the actual video so I shared the original as a attachment. The video is a bit fast but as many of you know, every second is about 25 to 30 frames to render. This animation has 600 rendered frames.

Maybe some off you recognize the eggs from last year's edition!

Happy Easter!!!

Easter-0800.jpg

@Frank-Oosterwaal

If I could double Kudo that I would ...

That's awesome! 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 9

@Judith.Hageman: Very funny animation! The Pixar lamp movement is awesome, well done!!!

@mdavis22569: Thanks! And well... you can kudo it once Smiley LOLSmiley Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 9
mpatchus

Sorry for the late post.  Just too busy with work and travel for the holiday weekend.

Managed to throw together a quick model and screen render for this week though.

Hope everyone has a great Easter.

Easter 2017.png

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report