Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel macros and inventor

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1642 Views, 9 Replies

Excel macros and inventor

Has anyone used or setup a macro in excel to work on the inventor? For an example, where you can go into a sheet in excel and enter some dimension and hit a button and it draws it up in inventor for you? I have worked with something like this before using Solid Edge program. Not sure if posted this in the right forum. I was just wondering about this and figured i would ask about it. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: S_May

Thank you for the links. Can you use the ipart to do assemblies also or is it just parts?

Message 4 of 10
S_May
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Here are patterns for iparts.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you for the link again. My question was can you do a assemble as an ipart?

Message 6 of 10
S_May

iPart in assembly

ipart is only for models, for modules there is ilogic
or assemblies over master sketch as ipart

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Ok. I will have to play around with this and try to learn how to do it. I just was wondering if you could use excel with inventor.

Message 8 of 10
MechMachineMan

As far as vb/vba/macros: Yes. Both API's are accessible. It really doesn't matter where you run them from as long as they can connect to inventor.

As far as non-programming related: Yes. You can embed excel spreadsheets, use iLogic, and they are an embedded part of positional representations and linking parameters.

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: MechMachineMan

Where can i find information on this? I would like to read up on it and try my hand on doing some of this. I'm trying to learn all the stuff I can with inventor. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10
MechMachineMan

Inventor customization forum has a lot of posts (see especially the stickies "My First Plug-in") My forum signature has some links in. The autodesk reference material for iLogic has some.

The Programming Help available offline through inventor (question mark dropdown in top right corner of application window), or online through the autodesk help > developer documentation also has a lot of info.

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report