Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Drawing Template Changing iProperties Text Affects All Sheets

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
398 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Drawing Template Changing iProperties Text Affects All Sheets

Hi all,

I have a created our templates and have iproperties so that the text would fill in with the new sheets.  Problem is, not every new sheet has the same entry, such as, 'title'.  Is there a way to change something in another sheet without it changing in another sheet?

Thank you!

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: Template

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you pull from iProperties, the values will be the same.
The only way I know would be to add custom iProperties for each sheet.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

How do I add a custom iprop to just a particular sheet?

Message 4 of 5
jtylerbc

@Anonymous wrote:

How do I add a custom iprop to just a particular sheet?

You don't - you would just have a custom iProperty in the drawing named for each sheet, ex.  "Title_Sheet_1", "Title_Sheet_2", etc.  For this application, I don't think that's the best method.  To do it that way and make it work correctly, you would need a different title block definition for each sheet, so it could reference the appropriate custom property.  That would be very clunky to manage.

At my company, we avoid this by just not doing multi-sheet drawings in most cases.  The Title property isn't the only reason we do that, though, and you may have your own reasons for wanting to keep the multi-sheet drawings in your process.  If that's the case, you should probably consider having your "Title" be a prompted-text entry instead of an iProperty.  That would let you enter whatever you want on each sheet for that field.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jtylerbc

Awesome, thank you.  I totally forgot about the prompted text. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report