Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Text Masking Problem ( Uncontroled Text Box extending)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1237 Views, 4 Replies

Background Text Masking Problem ( Uncontroled Text Box extending)

My company has discovered the new feature of Background Text Masking in Inventor 2018.

Background Text Masking

(Double click on Text>click the 'background fill button between 'text case' and , 'text box' button> choose color to fill the background. )

Problem:

After sometime of working well certain text boxes which just happened to have no leaders attached extended into infinity off the page.  Is there a way to control the text box itself?

text box problems 1.png

kelly.young has embedded your image for clarity.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
okaleja
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Could you please provide some steps to reproduce the problem? Do you know when those boxes got extra big? If you could share the drawing which shows the problem it could help too.

Thanks,

Oto Kaleja,

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: okaleja

Thanks for your reply, okaleja

I haven't be able to reproduce the problem.

It seemed to occur after using the update button.  (the update seemed to have taken a really long time)

I no longer have the drawing with the errors but the attached drawing is after I erased the text and redid the masking.

Message 4 of 5
kelly.young
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous thanks for attaching the drawing. 

When I opened it up it showed up just fine without the extended white area.

Do you have the most current updates applied for 2018? Not sure if something got corrupted or if you have a custom iLogic setup that might be affecting.

Could try Reset Utility or Repair Install as this doesn't appear to be normal. 

I don't think there is a way to control the size of the text box on the main drawing view, if you create a Sketch and then Text, you can RMB and select Text Box you can set a dimension to that and Background Fill. 

TextBox.png

There are some trade offs from doing within the sketch but that might be another option.

Hope that helps!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: kelly.young

Thanks, I found that solution too. 
I think it was a type of corrumption of some sort.

I'm using only a TotalQty Ilogic rule and I don't think that would affected.

Thanks for the input!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report