Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get color changes made and the .iam level to stick in the .ipn?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
487 Views, 4 Replies

Any way to get color changes made and the .iam level to stick in the .ipn?

I am making an exploded view of a cutting fixture and need to simplify fastener identification.  In the .iam I made all like fasteners the same color (ie. 1/4-20 x .5 SHCS all red, 1/4-20 x .75 SHCS all blue etc).  When I went into the .ipn the colors have all remained gray.  Is there any way to make that color change show up in the .ipn?

Thanks,

Randy Martens

Inventor 2013 Professional

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Change at the part level.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
blair

Make your color changes within the Studio enviroment, they will stick in the IPN enviroment and you will still keep your original IPT color for other work.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Guys thanks for the advice.  I can't change the color at the part level in this case.  I need the color coding at the assembly level not per part, I'd run out of colors in a hurry if I tried to uniquely color every different size of SHCS.  Also with the fasteners being content center parts changing properties would be a bit more work than I want to undertake.  We build one-off jigs and fixtures and I am trying to make fastener selection easier for my machinists by color coding them so they can easily tell what goes where on the exploded drawing.  If I color it in studio can I select all occurrences like I can in the assembly level and can I make a ballooned drawing of it as final output?

Thanks,

Randy

Message 5 of 5
blair

Yes,

Open your IAM, switch into the Studio enviroment, color your items as required, the colors will only be in the IAM enviroment.

Then create your IPN of the IAM with your exlosions, load the IPN as normal into your IDW and ballon as normal. All items will carry the color from the IAM, colored within the Studio enviroment.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report