Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Use License

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
557 Views, 6 Replies

Home Use License

Hi - I work on a laptop from various locations and so I borrow an AutoCAD license from our office server for a maximum of six months at a time. It's now expired and I can't go back to the office to re-borrow it.

My boss has requested a Home Use License which has been approved by AutoDesk. He's sent me the serial number and product key. When I try to input this it says 'Not-Valid'.

The email from Autodesk says:

To use a Home Use serial number, install your software and select "Standalone" when prompted.

However when I install / reinstall AutoCAD there is no option for this. 

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

What KEY ( NOT SERIAL NUMBER) are you using ... 6 characters ....

What Software is it for?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thanks for posting. 

Please provide a screenshot of the "Let's Get Started" screen, depending on the version the screen display is different, also the latest versions require a licensing update. To better assist you please provide this information. 

For 2020 or later versions: 

1. Please sign into your Autodesk Account, install all product updates & the latest Autodesk Licensing Service Updates (for 2020 versions & later). Then restart the computer and test the product again trying to activate. 
  2. Please try to Change License Type your screen should give you the options below. 

Let's Get Started 2020 & later versionsLet's Get Started 2020 & later versions

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi Natasha. thanks for your help though still not working I am afraid.

I have installed all the updates as you suggested and restarted my machine.

I am using AutoCAD 2020 and can confirm the home use license is for this version.

Screenshots are attached. I get an error when trying it tries to activate the codes.

Message 5 of 7
mdavis22569

this is an issue that's been going on for about  a week - two weeks now.

Need to put a support ticket in and get help from the licensing department

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thank you Michael

Do you or anyone out there know how to do this?

I'm only on a forum as it was the only way I could see of asking for help.

Message 7 of 7
mdavis22569

HI @Anonymous 

Couple of ways 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-create-a-Technical-Support-case-for-Autodesk-software.html

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report