Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
junkmailU37F2
497 Views, 14 Replies

Poor performance

Bought a new laptop and still have performance issues with thinks like moving flat 2d drawings.  

Laptop Specs

i7-12700H

Nvidia 3050Ti

• 4G GDDR6

32GB DDR4 3200MHz

SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0 M.2 Internal Solid State Drive

None of my hardware shows any stress

I  have done everything I found in forums and this article.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-optimize-se...

I have also done things like disabling CPU parking.

Any other tips would be appreciated.

I use for doing plasma cutting so mainly make basic shapes and drawings and often import svg and dxf art files.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
g-andresen
in reply to: junkmailU37F2

Hi,

Please share such DXF/SVG to analyze the situation.

günther

Message 3 of 15
junkmailU37F2
in reply to: g-andresen

Message 4 of 15

Added results from userbenchmark of laptop also

Message 5 of 15
junkmailU37F2
in reply to: g-andresen

looks like sharing doesn't work for my personal version of fusion or I did it wrong, here is the drawing saved as a dxf

Message 6 of 15

example video

Message 7 of 15

@junkmailU37F2 

I didn’t open the dxf, but shouldn’t that be at least 5 different sketches?

Keep sketches as simple as possible.

Message 8 of 15

There are about 4500 lines in the DXF, so yes Fusion will be slow moving that around in the sketch environment.

Try creating a component and with it active insert the DXF then move the component rather than the sketch. Try the attached file. You should be able to export f3d files by the way.

HughesTooling_0-1685118635583.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 15

Looks like this works when not editing a sketch and then when you go and edit its in the same location as before. I may try the multiple sketch idea from above this weekend and see how that works, I haven't done that. But thank you for the response!
Message 10 of 15

Is there a rule of thumb for how much to put into a sketch? 

Message 11 of 15

@junkmailU37F2 wrote:
Looks like this works when not editing a sketch and then when you go and edit its in the same location as before.

This is because when you edit the sketch you go back in the timeline to a point before the move. Why do you actually need to move the sketch? You can create a setup in the manufacture workspace to orientate and position the sketch how you need it. You might need a second sketch to represent your stock with a datum but this would be far quicker and easier then moving the sketch around.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 15

@junkmailU37F2 wrote:

Is there a rule of thumb for how much to put into a sketch? 

Don't know and would depend on your computer. Personally I would not try moving the sketch around but use components like my example. Yes, if you edit the sketch it will go back to where it was before you moved the component but does that matter? When you close the sketch it will return to the moved position.

Multiple sketches each in its own component would probably give you the best performance. 

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 13 of 15

I appreciate the help, I guess I need to do some reading on properly organizing drawings.  Only been using Fusion 360 for a month or so and just for making stuff on a plasma table I bought. 

Message 14 of 15

Honestly OCD makes me want to keep everything neatly in the upper right quadrant, dumb but sometimes cant help it.  I'm defiantly going to start playing around more with components and sketches too.

Message 15 of 15

When you create a setup you have lots of options for orientation.

Here's I've selected lines for X & Y then a sketch point for the origin.

HughesTooling_0-1685125357816.png

There's even an option to sync the view cube views to match the setup.

HughesTooling_1-1685125587284.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report