Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter on the fly feature not working with sketch tools

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
usame.yilmaz.27
259 Views, 4 Replies

parameter on the fly feature not working with sketch tools

hello, I'm having an annoying issue with the parameter on the fly feature that doesn't seem to be saving the names I give my dimensions. it happens when I am in the sketch environment and go to add any sketch. in that sketch before I click to place it, instead of adding numbers for the dimensions I like to input new parameters such as "length=50" or something. but when I press enter the new parameter isn't created. it just saved as d1=50....

however if I use the actual dimension tool and input the same "length=50" this time the new parameter is saved. or if I use any tool outside the sketch environment it works. so for instance if I use the extrude feature and input "height=100" it saves the new "height" parameter....

does anyone no why this is happening or how I can get the parameter on the fly feature to work with the sketch tools?

thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This issue has been posted about many times on the Forum since the last update.  Autodesk Fusion 360 team is aware of it and will address it as soon as possible.  If you are interested, here is a Forum post about it and it contains links to other mentions of the issue.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5

The original issue reported has now been fixed and updated in 2.0.12160.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 5

Its either still not working or not working again, and this is the only thread I can find about that.

Message 5 of 5

This issue has been fixed as indicated in Message #3 of this post.  The video will show this.  You must remember, using this method the parameter name does not show in the original sketch where it was created but will appear in the parameter table and can be used in any further parameter calls.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report