Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Insert SVG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mchever
274 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 Insert SVG

Can’t insert an SVG file. I select insert svg. It allows me to click on INSERT FROM MY COMPUTER. Then it just stops. It used to let me select a folder and the SVG file. Now it just closes that window and nothing happens. I have been able to insert from my computer in the past. Now when I select INSERT FROM MY COMPUTER nothing happens. Something has changed and I'm not sure what. I am able to upload an SVG into one of my project folders and then select it, but I can’t simply hit "INSERT FROM MY COMPUTER" anymore.

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: mchever

Try closing Fusion and reopening it. If that does not work, visit the Fusion Service Utility and try the Repair option. 

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: mchever

There is a very old bug where if the last directory you saved\opened a file from is no longer available you don't get the windows open\save dialog. See this post for a workaround.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
mchever
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks, but restarting didn't help. When I ran the repair tool, I get a system error that a .dll is missing. Screenshot 2024-03-20 081459.png  So I uninstalled and reinstalled Fusion. Error goes away but still can't insert SVG. I select insert svg. It allows me to click on INSERT FROM MY COMPUTER. Then it just stops. It used to let me select a folder and the SVG file. Now it just closes that window and nothing happens. Something has changed.  I am able to upload an SVG into one of my project folders and then select it, but I can’t simply hit INSERT FROM MY COMPUTER anymore. These are extra steps I shouldn’t have to do. Something isn’t right. Tried exporting the file from Fusion, and defining a new location, then retrying the insert from my computer option and no change. 

Message 5 of 5
mchever
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks, I'll have to take a look. I did try exporting the file from Fusion, and defining a new location with no success.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report